Buying with Confidence
The MCIA's Buy With Confidence Programme has been developed to provide peace of mind to customers purchasing a motorcycle, scooter or moped manufactured or imported by a member of the MCIA.
A Code of Practice sets minimum standards customers should expect when purchasing a new machine and the after sales support provided.
It gives assurances that:
- Motorcycles, scooters and mopeds have received the proper safety checks, are fit for purpose and match the expectations set through pre sale advertising
- Member manufacturers and importers will meet all the obligations contained in the MCIA's Code of Practice
- If a dispute should occur, there is a complaints process and if necessary an independent CTSI approved Alternative Dispute Resolution service which will investigate and draw matters to a legally binding conclusion.
The Code of Practice Includes:
- New Motorcycle Sales
- Your Responsibilities
- Complaints Handling
- Conciliation and Arbitration Services
You can read the detail of the above within the MCIA's Code of Practice.
- The Code of Practice does not cover used motorcycles, scooters or mopeds or any accessories and component parts that were fitted following the purchase of the machine.
- The motorcycles, scooters and mopeds of non MCIA member companies.
Motorcycle Industry Association
The MCIA is the trade body for motorcycle manufacturers and importers and companies wholesaling associated products and services.
If you're thinking about learning to ride a scooter or a motorcycle, or getting back on one after a bit of a break, then visit the Get On site.